Wednesday 21 May 2014

The Buba Dress

Hello darlings

Hope the week has started out great for you all. I'm posting today about an outfit I conceptualised to remake from a classic style; 'the Oleku'. I decided to make the style into a dress as opposed to the regular 'iro' and 'buba'. I made the dress as a single colour block of baby pink using drylace. It maintains same upper bodice shape as can be seen from the sleeves and the neckline while the lower bodice is sewn into a fiitted form.

The dress is styled here for either a wedding or a church event. I tied a fucshia pink and teal blue gele to maintain the traditional look. My neck is accessorised with a darker neckpiece from my brother Gbenga, also known as 'Artsmith'. The outfit can be styled in different ways and can even be worn as a casual Friday attire depending on your company's dress code.










...Be Fashion Wise

Credits:
Clothes by Tee-Threads Fashion: teethreadsfashion@gmail.com 08033933234 |08082138554
Pictures by Grace Ekpu Photography
Makeup by Valerie's Touch (0706 659 9690) 
Necklace by Artsmith (07030144953)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely dear. You can check my blog here http://leeznijis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice styling...Awww Gbenga's works r soo adorable (my St.Bernadette classm8)

    ReplyDelete